Lay Current Score Tips
These professional Lay Current Score tips are updated automatically and are based on our smart stats algorithms. We post the strongest picks that meet our strict filters to save you time going through the stats and picking your own selections. All you need to do is choose which tips you wish to follow and check for updates every day. On this page, we include tips for LAY CURRENT SCORE TIPS at HALF-TIME on correct score markets that can be traded on the Betfair exchange. Alternatively, you can use traditional bookmakers – second half over 0.5 goals markets or over current goals line.
LCS at HT is one of the easiest football in-play trading strategies, as it doesn’t involve hedging (cashing out) as the next goal means a return of full profit. However, you can always incorporate the stop loss, if you see that the game is very dull and teams don’t look like changing the score. It’s necessary to have a good strike rate at fairly low odds to make it work in the long run.
1. Place a LAY bet at Betfair Exchange on the current score on the Correct Score market. Alternatively, you can back over x goals. E.g. if the score is 0-0, back over 0.5 goals.
We don’t recommend laying the CS when the odds are over 4.5 or back over x.5 goals when the odds are below 1.28. Just set your trades to meet those required odds to be matches early in the 2nd half. If the goal is scored in that time, don’t try to get involved again.
2. You will receive the full profit when a goal is scored. Alternatively, you can take a loss, if there are no goals and you reach your stop loss level, or let your bet run.
3. Move on to the next trade.
Don’t get us wrong – our systems are based on sophisticated statistical algorithms and we are pleased with the results, so you can trade and bet on them without any further analysis. However, it’s always possible to improve the selections further to increase your winning rate and profits. Sadly this can’t be done automatically, so we will try to give you further advice on how to shortlist the best selections and how to avoid some lost trades.
Consider the following for your LCS trades and bets:
- Look for competitive matches with teams or one team still having something to play for (e.g. title, relegation, progression etc.)
- Check the selections for major injuries or key players missing the game. You will need at least one goal to hedge your trade, so you don’t want those star strikers to be missing that game.
- Check the weather conditions – you don’t want the game to be played in hefty rain, snow or extreme wind.
- Pitch condition – as above, terrible pitches (waterlogged, covered in snow, muddy) are tricky to play on and can often prevent goals from being scored and finishing goalless.
- It’s always better to watch the game before you place your trade at the Half-Time. You are looking for a lively match that has not been decided in the first 45 minutes (e.g. no 3-0 to favourites etc.).
- A goal in the first half will often open up the game in the second half.
- Matches with favourites losing at home at HT will be good selections, but odds may be significantly lower than in other cases.
- All current selections are available for members only.
- You can filter Major (1) and Minor (0) leagues and competitions by the M. field.
- We don’t post profit/loss figures for the trading tips systems as those will vary on odds and times of closing the trades.
- The quoted odds are guide odds only provided by Bet365 and will often differ from the best Betfair’s odds.
- To keep it as easy as possible, we keep track of wins and losses, as if they were left as bets.
- Furthermore, the only losing trades were the ones finishing 0-0, unless you did any 0-0 scalping before the match started. Therefore most of those matches we marked as lost bets would have been successfully cashed out when a goal came in, even though they finished as draws.
- You can download the selections or print them using the buttons on the top right side above the table.
- If you see ‘No data available in table’, that means there are no current selections for this system.
- If there are no tips for a few consecutive days, please get in touch and check whether everything is working ok.
Lay Current Score Tips - Current Tips
Current Football Trading Tips are available for FTT & PRO members only!Learn more about our subscription options and subscribe now!
Lay Current Score Tips - Past Tips